Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We Have Arrived!

Hello Hello!

Well the three of us made it safe and sound to our new home yesterday afternoon. I'm amazed at how smoothly everything went...considering we were moving to a new country with a dog in tow and 9 checked bags. We DID have to be at the airport at a ridiculous time (4:30am anyone??) but we made it and everything (so far!) has gone off without a hitch!

Our apartment is amazing, even better than we remember it! Plus we found out that the owner left some great pieces of furniture that we thought he was taking, so that has definitely worked out in our favor! I will get some more updated pictures posted soon so you can all see our place!

Avery is adjusting amazingly well. We are both so in love with her! The only thing...we are litter-training her (yes, like a cat) and we had her going so well back home but we couldn't find a box or the litter we were using before so we have downgraded her to a kitty litter box and cat litter...she is NOT taking to is as well, but it HAS only been a day so I guess I'll have to be patient!

Someone back home was asking me what I was going to miss the most once we left Minnesota, and I've come across two things that I for sure miss...Target (obvious) and the convenience of Petsmart and Petco. I didn't realize how nice it was to have a pet superstore so close, so far I haven't found anything here like it!

And finally, quickly, I will share one random thing about life in Mexico at the end of each post.

Today's random fact:
-Speed limits and driving laws are treated as mere suggestions, and are rarely adhered to.

Much love to everyone back home! Now that we are getting settled, I will try to be posting more often!

Amy, Corey and Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment