Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finally a New Post!

Hola!

I've been by Corey told that I am slacking in my posting responsibilities, so for that I apologize! We've recently been settling into a pleasant routine and loving life in Mexico. Every day I try to get Avery out on a walk, and I've discovered this great path around our neighborhood on a street called Amsterdam Avenue. It's about a mile and a half around, and it goes around in an oval; it used to be a horse racetrack. Now it's very pretty with trees and a nice stone path, with occasional fountains and everything. Some pictures are on the side.

Avery and I have also discovered a "dog park". It's actually called Parque Mexico, and it's about 3 blocks from our apartment, it's a great little walk for Avery and it's so peaceful. But when you first walk up, around noon on a weekday, what you see is over 100 dogs laying down, lined up. Seems this is the park that the dog walkers or dog trainers bring all their charges to. It's crazy, the dogs are so well behaved. Once in awhile you may here the occasional bark, but overall they are amazing to watch. Avery will never be that well trained, I am sure. When we get there, she and I sit on a bench and people/dog watch for 15 or 20 minutes. She loves it :) . I also posted some photos below of the dog park.

Lastly, news for everyone reading. Corey and I have decided to have our wedding in Minnesota next May. We are hoping for the date May 28th, which is the Saturday before Memorial Day, so everyone save the date! We'll get something more formal in the mail in the next few months, but in the meantime, start getting excited!

Now for the pictures!




The path around Amsterdam Avenue and one of the fountains.













































These are some of the dogs all lined up!


Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Amy...and I agree, Corey, she has been slacking :)
    What great pics!! The fountain and walking path are awesome! How in the world do they get all those dogs to sit still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be in heaven to be in a park with that many dogs!! I will still definitely visit, despite the wedding being in MN now. Glad you are enjoying it more!

    ReplyDelete