Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rental Car

A tip on living abroad:

It is my recommendation that you spend a few weeks getting to know the ways of the road, with a rental car. The other day we noticed one of the hubcaps missing, the rim of the wheel bent and the tire leaking air (for the record - no idea what happened!). We tried to go and swap the car for a replacement yesterday, but unfortunately they were closed. On the way home, Avery got a little car sick. OK - not a little, but a lot. All that in addition to a number of "close calls" on the road.

Finally today, we went and traded in our rented white Ford Focus, for a silver Ford Focus. Its like a new car again...I'll give it a few days.

I keep on thinking I can't wait for my permanent car, but then again maybe a rental for a few more weeks wouldn't be the end of the world.

The craziness isn't just me. Yesterday we saw a guy sitting in the engine of the car, appearing to be fixing something. Here is the kicker...the car was not parked...there was someone driving.


- Corey



No comments:

Post a Comment